Bechtel Corporation Prime Contract Administrator in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 213329
Relocation Authorized: None
Project No.: 26129
Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
The Prime Contract Administrator on High Speed 2 phase 2B administers the contractual and commercial relationship between Bechtel and the customer, HS2. As Project Delivery Partner Bechtel provides services as part of an integrated team for the High Speed 2 project during the development phase of this major programme.
1. Supervision Received
Reports directly to the Bechtel HS2 Project Director.
Receives technical and functional guidance the functional Manager of Prime Contracts and assigned legal counsel.
1. Supervision Exercised
- Provides operational supervision as well as technical guidance to the Project Accountant.
Project teams, Human Resources, Health and Safety, Health & Wellbeing leads.
Customer’s Representative and project/contract staff
Legal and Risk Management
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Administering the Prime Contract on a day to day basis, responsible for all incoming and outgoing communication.
2. Prepare an analysis of the prime contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts; as work proceeds, assist the Project Manager in mitigating those risks that arise; closely monitor and support remedial actions as necessary and recommend appropriate tradeoffs to the Project Manager.
3. Prepare change orders to the Contract and develop the negotiation strategy and support/conduct negotiations with the support of Bechtel Legal.
4. Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inaction’s which result in early warnings. Recommend and implement actions to document and request compensation events.
5. Participate in project related meetings, work closely with the Project Management and Project Controls, and review project financial data to:
1. Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract;
2. Ensure records of meetings are captured through timely issue of Minutes of Meetings.
3. Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement and claim avoidance;
4. Take appropriate actions to protect Bechtel’s interest and/or improve project performance;
5. Ensure compliance with prime contract terms and conditions;
6. Develop a program to identify and prepare claims as they arise and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims with the Claims Group and Legal Department;
7. Responsible for all new opportunities which may arise from the existing contract. Identify risk and opportunities, pricing strategy, forecasting, mobilization requirements.
8. Working closely with Finance to assure supplier invoices (costs) and preparation and submission of the monthly application for payment to the customer (revenue).
9. Responsible for driving, coordinating and monitoring of progress of the Incentive regime which include project deliverables (Milestones), qualitative and quantitative KPI’s and Budget incentive fund.
10. Responsible for the cost model which supports with recruitment decisions when resources need to be replaced or for additional resources when new scope is instructed to Bechtel.
11. With the support of Project Controls responsible for all project reporting which includes: Development Partner reporting and Bechtel reporting requirements.
12. Responsible to ensure the Bechtel Document Retention policy is adhered to by all on the project.
1. Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering or equivalent experience
2. Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices
3. Experience of working with NEC Professional Service Contracts is preferred
4. Experience or courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
5. Knowledge of prime contract administration office and field procedures and documents relating to a construction project
6. Experience in managing workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviewing, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.