Bechtel Corporation Mission Assurance Engineer, PH (217714) in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Requisition ID: 217714
Position Title: Mission Assurance Engineer, PH (217714)
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Relocation Authorized: None
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen and background check; Possess an active secret security clearance or able to obtain one upon hire
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear, Security and Environmental (NS&E) global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
The Quality/Mission Assurance Engineer will be responsible for the disciplined application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve success of a design, development, testing, deployment, and operations process.
1. Define and monitor quality and mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success
2. Review contractual documentation to assure correct and consistent flowdown of customer mission and/or system safety requirements to the program leadership team, functional teams and subcontractors/suppliers
3. Leverage Mission Assurance best practices to influence business decisions to assure efforts are properly focused on customer requirements associated with mission success
4. Perform or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements in accordance with contractual requirements
5. Review and approve the Engineering program documentation, including specifications, requirements, specification control drawings, altered item drawings, assembly drawings, test plans, procedures, instructions and standard operating procedures prior to release for system safety standards
6. Collaborate with engineering, procurement, construction and test functions to ensure system safety requirements are established, communicated, and adhered to
7. Collaborate with engineering, construction and test to devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and validating system safety requirements
8. Collect and evaluate data to assess the impact and determine root cause and corrective actions for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
9. Participate in root cause/corrective action on nonconformities and in Continuous Improvement activities
10. Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
11. Conduct audits to ensure compliance to mission assurance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university and 9+ years of related work experience. In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 15+ years of related work experience
Experience in a high-reliability field such as aerospace, space flight, etc.
Quality and/or engineering experience in a construction or production environment
Must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision while meeting expectations in support of the program
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications/
Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.