Bechtel Corporation Project Safety Services Supervisor, PH (217706) in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Requisition ID: 217706
Position Title: Project Safety Services Supervisor, PH (217706)
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Relocation Authorized: None
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen and background check; Possess an active secret security clearance or able to obtain one upon hire
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear, Security and Environmental (NS&E) global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
Develops and implements the safety management program on an assigned project. Provides technical oversight of the project’s safety/health compliance activities through identification and integration of applicable requirements into project designs, subcontract bid specifications, construction plans and schedules and other field execution activities. Works directly with other project-level functional leads (e.g., engineering, construction, subcontracts, procurement, project controls, document controls) to assist them in integrating and/or addressing the applicable safety/health requirements in their work products and activities. Coordinates with the global business unit-assigned Safety Services Manager regarding significant project safety/health issues and safety support needs.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
1. Develops and implements the project-level safety management program.
2. Provides assistance to project and construction management in implementing and complying with project safety requirements and in addressing safety/health issues as they arise during project execution.
3. Coordinates with and provides technical assistance to other project-assigned functional leads (e.g., engineering, subcontracts, procurement, project controls) with regards to compliance with project-specific safety/health requirements.
4. Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
5. Provides technical support and assistance directly to construction supervision and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance with the project safety requirements.
6. Drafts comprehensive project ES&H plan, safety and health specific plans, project specific mitigation plans, safety and health awareness training programs, and technical and regulatory reports.
7. Conducts safety assessments/inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with safety/health requirements including contractual commitments, laws and regulations, and the project’s ES&H plan.
8. Implements personnel policies (e.g., conducts employee performance evaluations) and provides technical direction to staff.
Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, public health) or physical sciences (e.g., physics, chemistry), or safety/industrial engineering from an accredited college or university and 9+ years of related work experience. In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 15+ years of related work experience
Related work experience could include but is not limited to work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety/health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
Advanced knowledge in a field of science, safety/industrial engineering, or related discipline.
Knowledge of safety programs/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ regulatory requirements and responsibilities, industry standards/current practices for safety/health, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety/health risks during project execution.
Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety/health subcontractors or consultants.
Experience in safety/health assessments/inspection during construction.
Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risks and the mechanisms to mitigate them.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications/
Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
Knowledge of NASA safety requirements preferred.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.