Bechtel Corporation Security Vetting Coordinator in Gloucester, United Kingdom
Job Title: Security Vetting Coordinator
Requisition ID: 214879
Relocation Authorised: National - Single
Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Plant
Location: Gloucester, UK
Grade: Junior - Associate level role
Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is seeking a Security Vetting Coordinator to join the Wylfa Newydd project security team. In the Security Vetting Coordinator role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the globe to support on-site operations and mechanical infrastructures. You will also be required to carry out essential areas of pre-employment screening for candidates seeking employment on the Wylfa Newydd project as well as managing a Security Vetting Contractor. Initial assignment location is Gloucester UK. Site mobilisation is forecast in 2020/2021 for construction execution in Anglesey Island, Wales
1. Provide advice and issue the appropriate forms to Bechtel employees and contractors to initiate a vetting application.
2. Process vetting applications for all Bechtel employees from receipt of initial documentation to completion according to approved work procedures.
3. Create and maintain accurate physical and electronic records of all vetting applications and the outcome.
4. Request, follow up and review references as appropriate to support vetting applications as per the Horizon delegation of authority guidelines.
5. Submit BPSS applications to the Horizon Vetting Manager/Security Controller for BPSS approval.
6. Respond to authorised enquiries from applicants and their sponsors/managers regarding status of vetting applications.
7. Issue notification of successful vetting to applicants and their sponsor/manager.
8. Assist with enrolling applicants on induction courses or other briefings with site security.
9. Initiate and track aftercare activities according to procedures.
10. Respond to enquiries, both internally and externally, for confirmation of security clearances.
11. Process outgoing visit requests to List-x and both domestic and overseas government sites.
12. Escalate any vetting issues to the Bechtel Project Security Manager and the Horizon Vetting Manager.
13. Manage the Construction Security Vetting Contractor to ensure compliance with all Horizon BPSS procedures and legislation
14. Assist in the presentation to the Project Senior Management team of weekly status updates on Bechtel and Contractor employees BPSS applications.
1. Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
2. Candidates should hold at least a SC with the ability of obtaining necessary security clearances for access to government classified information.
3. Knowledge of national and international security standards and regulatory requirements.
4. Knowledge of personnel security clearance policies and procedures.
5. Knowledge of governmental and industrial security techniques and developments to include the application of international, federal, state and local laws pertinent to project/office security functions.
6. Candidates must be efficient in Microsoft Office applications
1. Experience of working in a recruitment environment would be desirable.
2. Ability to work to tight deadlines with a strong emphasis on quality and attention to detail.
3. Proficient in communicating security requirements to contract guards, engineers and construction personnel with a high level of personal integrity and a confidential approach to tasks.
4. Some specialized training in industrial security to include personnel, physical and information security requirements, and related security subjects would be beneficial.
5. You will need to be a self-starter but with the ability to work well as part of a team.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.