Bechtel Corporation Senior Risk Management Analyst in Gloucester, United Kingdom
Job Title: Senior Risk Management Analyst
Requisition ID: 213887
Relocation Authorised: National - Single
Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Plant
Location: Gloucester, UK
Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed under a Project Management Contract (PMC), in which the overall scope of services is to provide project management services, including Project Controls, Contract Management, and Construction Site Management to facilitate the delivery of two electric generating plants at Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station (WNNPS) using the Hitachi ABWR design as described in the Generic Design Application.We are seeking a Risk Management Analyst to support the Wylfa Newydd project team based in Gloucester, UK. This role will serve as a risk management technical resource on the team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals on state of the art systems on a major, greenfield nuclear power project for Horizon Nuclear Power.
1. Works with Active Risk Manager (ARM) Administrator and Risk Management Specialists in managing Project ARM data.
2. Serves as the senior technical ARM resource on the PMC Risk Management team
3. Participates in risk workshops and End User meetings as required to provide technical guidance.
4. Develops reports, compiles metrics, provides analytical support in ARM and other risk related tools.
5. Coordinates with the ARM Administrator and Risk Management Specialists to deploy ARM to new Users / Project efforts.
6. Delivers PERM technical and End User training as required.
7. Interfaces with multiple functions including Project Controls, Quality, Project Management, etc. as required.
8. Maintains regular/ongoing contact and working relationships with core Corporate PERM team and Horizon ARM technical resources.
9. Maintains contact with Project Risk Management team, Horizon ARM team, and Users to aid and ensure compliance with the Risk Management Plan, Procedure, and associated activities in the Risk Register.
Please reference the four levels of competency / proficiency below when considering this position. These levels indicate an individual’s required skills and abilities required to be successful in the Project’s Risk Management roles.
Basic Execution of knowledge and performance that satisfies a fundamental understanding of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, and procedures; able to perceive situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine and seek help where appropriate.
Intermediate Execution of knowledge and performance that satisfies an applied understanding of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements; able to perceive situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine and seek help where appropriate or resolve situations based on recommendations made to/by supervisory personnel.
Advanced Well versed and experienced in the performance of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements; possesses the ability and skill to anticipate and resolve situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine.
Expert Possesses a thorough and demonstrated understanding and authoritative knowledge of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements based on multiple years of increasing responsibility in the area of contribution; able to anticipate and resolve situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine; effectively translates the project objectives into risk management strategies and tactics to achieve desired outcomes; demonstrates leadership attributes that cause superiors, peers, and others to adopt risk management processes and procedures.
1. Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship .
2. Preference to candidates with existing BPSS clearance.
3. Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
4. Demonstrated superior communication, writing, and analytical skills.
5. Excellent organization, planning, and multi-tasking capabilities.
6. Strong experience in facilitating, leading, and motivating teams.
7. Commitment to finding and supporting continuous improvement efforts.
8. Creative cross-functional problem solver.
9. Confident in carrying out and managing PERM activities.
10. Expert knowledge of project risk management process.
11. Strong working knowledge of ARM risk management software or equivalent.
12. Strong experience in analyzing, summarizing, and compiling complex data for reports.
13. Strong experience in conducting high-level data compilation, interpretation, and analysis to include summary report production and results presentation.
14. Knowledge of @Risk, Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA), and related risk management and reporting software tools.
15. College degree, preferably in risk or a technical, scientific or other numerate subject (Master’s degree considered a plus).
16. Willing to work in a small team with the ability to be flexible in taking ownership of problems on behalf of the team and being committed to delivering results even in adverse circumstances.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.