Bechtel Corporation Senior Risk Specialist in Gloucester, United Kingdom
Job Title: Senior Risk Specialist
Requisition ID: 213999
Relocation Authorised: National - Single
Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Plant
Location: Gloucester, UK
Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
Job Summary :
The Wylfa Newydd Project will be executed under a Project Management Contract (PMC), in which the overall scope of services is to provide project management services, including Project Controls, Contract Management, and Construction Site Management to facilitate the delivery of two electric generating plants at Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station (WNNPS) using the Hitachi ABWR design as described in the Generic Design Application. We are seeking a Senior Risk Specialist to support the Wylfa Newydd project team based in Gloucester, UK. This role will serve as the Deputy to the Prime Contract / Risk Manager and as the senior risk management professional on the team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals on state of the art systems on a major, greenfield nuclear power project for Horizon Nuclear Power.
1. Supervise the Risk Management team, serve as a subject matter expert for best industry risk management practices, and provide organisational support as required.
2. Oversee implementation of the Project Risk Management Plan, Risk Management Procedure, and associated risk management processes.
3. Conduct risk management workshops with Customer, PMC, and Contractors to ensure the overall risk management and Project Execution Risk Management (PERM) process is understood and implemented.
4. Ensure appropriate and effective Project risk management interfaces among functional areas. Provide Project risk management-based support to the Change Control and Trend Programmes and other Project Controls processes.
5. Interface with the Horizon Risk Management team.
6. Prepare risk management related reports and presentations as required for the Project.
7. Participate on the Change Control Board (CCB); review and approve for presentation to the CCB all requested budget changes for impacted risks, and any Risk Treatments requiring budget deemed to be outside the estimated work.
8. Provide input to the Project Monthly Progress Report.
9. Develop risk related metrics and dashboards.
10. Perform Monte Carlo simulations and other data analysis.
11. Work with Project Controls to perform Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) on cost and schedule as required.
12. Approve Risk Response Plans and their implementation and management on the project.
13. Ensure RMP effectiveness undergoes constant examination for continuous improvement
Please reference the four levels of competency / proficiency below when considering this position. These levels indicate an individual’s required skills and abilities required to be successful in the Project’s Risk Management roles.
Basic Execution of knowledge and performance that satisfies a fundamental understanding of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, and procedures; able to perceive situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine and seek help where appropriate.
Intermediate Execution of knowledge and performance that satisfies an applied understanding of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements; able to perceive situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine and seek help where appropriate or resolve situations based on recommendations made to/by supervisory personnel.
Advanced Well versed and experienced in the performance of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements; possesses the ability and skill to anticipate and resolve situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine.
Expert Possesses a thorough and demonstrated understanding and authoritative knowledge of the desired skills, capabilities, processes, procedures, and corporate requirements based on multiple years of increasing responsibility in the area of contribution; able to anticipate and resolve situations or circumstances that are complex, varied, or non-routine; effectively translates the project objectives into risk management strategies and tactics to achieve desired outcomes; demonstrates leadership attributes that cause superiors, peers, and others to adopt risk management processes and procedures.
1. Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
2. Demonstrated strong leadership, communication, writing, and analytical skills.
3. High-level organization, planning, and multi-tasking capabilities.
4. Experience in building, leading, and motivating teams.
5. Commitment to finding and leading continuous improvement efforts.
6. Creative cross-functional problem solver.
7. Self-sufficient in carrying out and managing PERM activities.
8. Preference to candidates with existing BPSS clearance.
9. Experience working with geographically separated and remote teams.
10. College degree, preferably in risk or a technical, scientific or other numerate subject (Master’s degree considered a plus).
11. Mature skills in planning, organizing, and handling conflicting priorities in a business-driven manner.
12. Willing to take ownership of problems and remain committed to delivering results even in adverse circumstances.
13. Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
14. Previous Bechtel experience is highly desirable.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.