Bechtel Corporation Construction Manager in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 214435
New Delhi Execution Unit (NDEU) is an office of Bechtel India Private Ltd which offers Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and support services to diverse projects and other Bechtel offices worldwide. Bechtel India Private Limited is a wholly owned Bechtel company located in Gurgaon, on the outskirts of the Indian capital New Delhi.
Construction function in NDEU provides Field Non-Manual services, Constructability reviews, construction automation support and various other home office construction services to our projects executed in New Delhi office and international jobsites.
Construction function in New Delhi is looking for construction professionals with field engineering and construction management experience to support the role of Construction Manager in New Delhi office. Construction Manager will report to Manager of Construction in New Delhi office and shall be responsible to provide technical and administrative guidance and operational supervision to construction engineers, construction coordinators in New Delhi and Vadodara office, as assigned.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
1. Participate constructability meetings, planning meetings at early stage and assist in initiation of constructability program on the project in collaboration with project and GBU construction teams.
2. Develop home office construction deployment schedule on the large projects, prepare project specific constructability program manuals & roadmap and deploy home office construction resources in new Delhi and Vadodara.
3. Supervise project constructability program ensuring construability program, Lessons Learned, Design for Safe Construction, construction productivity initiatives, datacentric construction and other work processes effectively implemented.
4. Assist construction coordinators, construction engineers with their recommendation in changes in design or construction methods.
5. Maintain effective interface between construction teams at other Bechtel offices and jobsites ensuring construction knowledge, lessons learned, construction initiatives are effectively communicated.
6. Supervise construction engineering efforts, field non-manual services such as preparation of work packages, test packages delivered from New Delhi and Vadodara office.
7. Work with Project Engineers, Project Controls Leads, Procurement Leads, ensuring effective inter-functional interface on the projects.
8. Monitor completeness of engineering data in construction applications.
9. Advises project team of obvious discrepancies or trends that may be detrimental to the project.
10. Assists in the preparation of construction manuals, field non-manual support proposal, internal desktop procedure in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
11. Review project proposals and assist project development team and estimation team with construction input on construction schedule, manpower, equipment, modularization & preassembly suggestions and project execution plan.
12. Support automation development programs related to construction.
13. Maintain common guidelines and procedures for effective quality assurance program within home office construction group in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
14. Develop and implement training matrix of home office construction team in New Delhi and Vadodara office.
15. Monitor execution methodology on projects to learn from improvements and to promote continuous improvement Qualification / Experience requirements:
Recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or specialized courses in construction management, and/or work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the discipline field activities.
Shall have more than 15 years of field experience on large OG&C, Power and Infrastructure projects including international long-term assignments.
Shall have supervisory / managerial experience in leadership roles like Project Field Engineer, Project Superintendent, Construction Manager or Site Manager.
Thorough knowledge of all phases of construction activities including jobsite setup, construction, system turnover and final turnover
Thorough knowledge of Constructability process, construction practices followed on the international jobsites.
Thorough knowledge of construction processes like construction planning, experienced in installation of major commodities like concrete, steel, piping, equipment, electrical including stick-built and modularized plant structures.
Thorough knowledge of various other process like quantity & progress reporting, construction quality procedures, system turnover, interface with Startup and plant operation.
Ability to review physical design through 3D Plant model.
Knowledge of ES&H compliance requirements.
Thorough knowledge of current industry standards and practices.
Strong communication and leadership skills.
Proficient in computer applications like MS Office, SmartPlant Review and other computer based project applications used in EPC industry.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.