Bechtel Corporation CSU Senior Engineer - Ethane Cracker in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 227079
Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to startup, maintenance, operation, or testing. May include relocation to jobsite to perform specific startup activities as assigned.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
§ Receives technical and administrative supervision from a Startup Engineer or Startup Engineering Supervisor.
§ Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for project(s).
B. Supervision Exercised
§ Provides technical guidance or at times overall project startup supervision and assigns work to project startup engineers, technicians, crafts and others who are performing specific assignments.
§ Coordinates with client, suppliers, regulatory agencies, project management, engineering, and field personnel as required to fulfill job requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of startup, operations, or maintenance for a project, including reviews of designs for plant operability and safety and jobsite precommissioning and startup assignments as directed. Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements.
2. Assists with the preparation of operations manuals.
3. Plans, guides, or prepares project administrative and technical documents as required for startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
4. Coordinates startup between project engineering, construction, specialty staff groups, clients, and vendors.
5. Assumes a lead role over other engineers for specific tasks as assigned. May direct overall startup activities on specific assignments.
6. Trains assigned personnel and assists them in their professional development.
Technical knowledge of startup, operation, maintenance, or testing.
Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operations and basic knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
Broad knowledge of precedents in the startup or operations area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
Good knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to plant or equipment operations.
Skill in oral and written communication.
The above is normally acquired through:
§ A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or
§ A professional license in an engineering discipline, or
§ Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or an appropriate engineering discipline to meet job requirements, and
§ Practical work experience in startup, operation, or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering, or plant operation in industrial or process facilities.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.