Bechtel Corporation Process- Safety Specialist in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 200799
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates quantitative risk assessment work for a global business unit delivering FEED and EPC projects in Oil and Gas Industry. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include solving complex risk and safety design issues. Ability to support multiple projects as a subject matter expert in performing quantitative risk assessment.
2. Perform audits of the machinery, safety equipment and management programs to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety compliance to regulations & standards analyzing consequence for the failure cases of hazardous releases using various software.
3. Analysis and report or review findings from accident investigations, risk assessment, project monitoring and risk monitoring
4. Review and provide design recommendations for new projects and proposed facility modifications to ensure conformance with process safety and loss prevention codes, standards and procedures
5. Work on industrial accidents, causes and preventive measures
6. Comprehensive Safety Audit.
7. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
8. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
9. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
10. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
11. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Chemical Engineer with 15+ years’ relevant experience in FEED and Detailed Engineering of Refineries, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, Utilities & Offsite.
Candidate should have in-depth experience in following process safety studies:
2. Siting Studies
3. HSEIA (Health, Safety, Environment Impact Assessment) Study
4. HAZID/ENVID Studies
5. HAZOP/SIL Studies
6. Consequence Modeling (Radiation, Dispersion, Explosion)
7. Demonstration of ALARP in design decisions
8. Safety Critical Elements and associated performance standards
9. Bow-tie Study
10. SIMOPS Study
11. Safety Case
12. RAM Study
13. Emergency Evacuation Study
14. Regulatory Support
15. F&G Mapping Study
Candidate should have written and presented technical papers on risk assessment with a proven track record of having executed risk assessment and safety studies in a leadership role on large projects. Professional membership, being on code committees and having co-authored industry codes and standards relevant to industrial safety and risk applicable to Oil and Gas Industry will be an added advantage.
Additional experience in Fire Protection System design, Fire and Gas Detection, Hazardous Area Classification, Fireproofing, etc. will be preferred.
Working experience of software’s like PHAST, CANARY, PHAPro, Pipenet, etc.
Experience in reputed EPC Companies will be preferred.
Understanding of engineering planning and control.
Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to industrial safety and risk applicable to Oil and Gas Industry.
Knowledge of legislation and experience in interpreting laws and regulations.
Skill in oral and written communication.
A university or college course degree from an accredited university in Chemical Engineering
15+ years of relevant industry experience in Oil and Gas sector.
Excellent technical and managerial skills, with both verbal and written communication skills.
Advanced degree (MTech or PhD) in the areas of Industrial Risk Assessment
Ambitious, energetic, self-motivated, self-managed, team player, and results-oriented.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Energetic and positive attitude working with multiple clients on a wide-variety of projects.
Team building, conflict management and resolution, and negotiating skills
Please Note: If you have shared your candidature with us in the last 6 months, please do not apply again
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.