Bechtel Corporation Project Engineer - Gurgaon in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 214461
Supervises the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a project, or designated portions of a project, for a global business unit. Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments.
For salary grade determination, see below:
Supervises the engineering activity on a medium size project or designated portions of a very large or complicated project.
May exercise operational supervision over assigned project engineers.
As directed, manages the complex organizational interactions that evolve from the participation of several Bechtel entities on the project or from client-established relationships with other contractors.
Establishes and maintains access to technical experts in the advanced technologies pertinent to the project, and sets up channels of communication to bring this expertise to bear effectively on the engineering effort.
Requires a broad knowledge of administrative practices. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directs and coordinates engineering activities for the project or assigned portion including supervision of engineers of all disciplines within a global business unit.
2. Establishes or assists in establishing the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule. Inputs to and owns the engineering elements of a project capital estimate (proposals and execution) quantities and budgets.
3. Performs and manages the work in accordance with relevant Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), design guides and Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
4. Develops design and procurement schedules for approval.
5. Prepares, approves or recommends approval of project procedures for engineering, as required.
6. Coordinates engineering effort with Project Manager, Procurement, Construction, Startup, Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) and Project Controls when assigned.
7. Reviews and approves design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
8. Supervises the preparation of, reviews and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within Engineering’s scope of responsibility.
9. Resolves field initiated questions on engineering.
10. Coordinates activities among the design groups on the project.
11. Reviews project engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
12. Makes recommendation to Engineering Management of key personnel for project assignments.
13. Manages the flow of information required from third parties to assure the timely progress of the engineering work.
14. Prepares or directs the preparation of project studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
15. Ensures that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
16. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to client, project and functional management as directed and as appropriate.
17. Champions the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction. .
Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
Proficient knowledge on planning, application and coordination of 2-D and/or 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design processes on a project.
Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Demonstrated skill in supervision.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.