Bechtel Corporation Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 214786
Geotechnical Engineer with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 10 + years of experience in an Engineering Design office or Consultancy of repute. Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering will be an added advantage. Candidate should have exposure to Indian, US, Euro and other foreign codes/standards and practices. Proficiency in use of software such as LPILE, SHAFT, DYNAPILE, GRLWEAP, SLOPE etc. is desirable. Experience in interpretation of geotechnical data & reports and coordination with civil/structural engineers is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals and develops site investigation programs, specifications, budget and schedules for projects of varying complexity
2. Interprets ground investigation data and performs analytical studies
3. Selects foundation systems for major industrial structures and evaluates foundation bearing capacity and settlements for shallow foundations
4. Prepares/checks calculations to evaluate the major types of deep foundations, including driven piles, auger cast piles and drilled piers
5. Evaluates lateral earth pressures, Embankment and slope stability, retaining wall stability
6. Carries out studies for temporary support of excavations
7. Assesses of Ground improvement requirement and recommends mitigation measure for poor soil
8. Interprets Site response studies, Soil-structure-interaction analysis and liquefaction evaluations
9. Provides input to drawings for earthwork and foundation and has capability to write Geo-technical design reports independently
10. Performs the duties of a resident geotechnical engineer on a project site and provides technical assistance.
11. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
12. Reviews bid analysis and makes recommendation.
13. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers. Provide input for their performance evaluation. When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
14. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
1. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of geotechnical engineering work for a different business lines in a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials.
2. Performs work using Standard Application Programs and appropriate computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
3. Coordinates geotechnical engineering effort in assigned areas with other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors.
4. Thorough knowledge of Geotechnical engineering techniques and possessing capability to originate engineering and design calculations.
5. Broad knowledge of the application of Geotechnical engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
6. Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
7. Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
8. Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertaining to the Geotechnical engineering discipline.
9. Skill in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.