Bechtel Corporation Principal Process Engineer in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 217674
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: [[cust_IntCand]]
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Gas, Oil and Chemical projects.
1. Lead Process Engineering teams through different phases of engineering work.
2. Plan, schedule, and coordinate Process Engineering activities, and approve deliverables.
3. Thorough knowledge of: relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design, application of complex chemical engineering principals, and development and use of simulation programs.
4. Manage formal studies and technical briefing with customers, suppliers and other departments/disciplines. Present design issues and options to customers and suppliers.
5. Coordinate deliverables from licensors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design.
6. Lead conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
7. Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required. EIT/PE registration preferred.
Minimum 20 years of experience in process engineering with E&C and/or operating company.
Demonstrated experience in supervisory roles and leadership positions.
Work experience in LNG, gas processing, refining, petrochemical and/or polymer plant design or operations.
Oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.