Bechtel Corporation Process Engineer in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 217666
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: [[cust_IntCand]]
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Gas, Oil and Chemical projects.
1. Conceptual understanding of chemical engineering principles of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics, and their general application to process design.
2. Perform design calculations using standard process simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax).
3. Conversant in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design. Develop relief load narratives, relief load calculations and relief valve datasheets.
4. Knowledgeable in process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
5. Assist in development of process engineering deliverables like PFD’s, Heat and Material Balances, Equipment Datasheets, Utility Summaries and other process deliverables required for the facility design.
6. Familiar with alarm and trip setpoint and process safety time calculations.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in process engineering with E&C and/or operating company.
Work experience in LNG, gas processing, refining, petrochemical and/or polymer plant design or operations.
Performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects under supervision and technical oversight.
Experience in process simulation and automation preferred.
Oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.