Bechtel Corporation Senior Analyzer Engineer in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 215108
Candidate evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Candidate performs assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables within the control systems discipline.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Experienced in process analyzer technologies and methodologies, such as gas chromatographs, NDIR, UV, TDL and mass spectrophotometers, CEM and water quality (pH, conductivity, turbidity, TOC, etc.). Analytical chemistry education a plus.
2. Proficient in sample system design, including pressure, temperature and flow management, filtering, valving schemes, materials compatibility, sample adsorption/absorption phenomena, component interferences, etc.
3. Conversant in analyzer systems associated calculations, such as sample hydraulic pressure drop and delivery lag time calculations, sample dew point/bubble point phase diagrams, flow restriction orifice and relief valve sizing.
4. Knowledgeable in analyzer systems installation considerations, including sample probe, sample return/disposal and utility interfaces, shelter and field rack support requirements, inclement weather, wind loading and seismic requirements, HVAC sizing/heat loads, power distribution, 3D modeling.
5. Conversant in signal communication, including serial data protocols and address mapping, fiber optics (converters, patch panels, etc.), alarm/fault management, etc.
6. Conversant in electrical hazardous area classifications, including equipment protection schemes and agency approvals.
7. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for control systems discipline in a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
8. Performs work using Standard Application Programs and appropriate 2-D and 3-D engineering tools.
9. Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
10. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
11. When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
12. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
13. Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
14. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
15. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
16. Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
17. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
18. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
Candidate has the technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer tools to engineering problems. Has knowledge of and works with project controls within discipline. Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline. Prefer Professional Engineer (PE) Certification.
Candidate has a recognized degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university. Experience relevant with the years of practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.