Bechtel Corporation Senior Technical Specialist (CSA) in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 212216
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of a global business unit.
2. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
4. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators).
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
7. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
8. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
9. Mentors engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
10. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
11. Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general requirements. Receives technical guidance from supervisory level scientists, engineers or engineering managers on unusual or complex problems.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
Experience in checking of analysis and design deliverables (concepts, calculations, drawings and quantities) for steel and concrete structures, foundations and piling, buildings and associated anchorage and connections. Experience in 3D modeling of structures.
Knowledge and understanding of technical and cost issues related to selection of design features within the discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Proficiency in application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools such as STAAD.Pro, SAP2000, GTStrudl and MathCAD to solve advanced civil/structural engineering problems.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, AND
A Professional Engineer (PE) license in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized licensing board, AND
Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, design or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.