Bechtel Corporation Deputy Project Field Engineer Concentrator Area in Iquique, Chile
Requisition ID: 214064
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: [[cust_IntCand]]
Relocation Authorized: International - Camp
Project No.: 25800
Responsible for the organization and direction of construction engineering personnel and activities relating to construction engineering, subcontracts, and engineering liaison to the design functional group. Interprets design drawings and specifications. Supervises field verification of materials. Provides technical direction to construction engineers and superintendents in a wide range of construction engineering and design functions relating to multi-discipline engineering in an area or to a single discipline on the overall project.
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical and operational guidance from assigned Construction Manager, Chief Construction Engineer or other assigned supervising manager. B. Supervision Exercised
Provides technical and administrative direction to assigned subordinate construction engineers. May provide supervision to craft personnel. C. Contacts
Jobsite contacts are with jobsite personnel including superintendents and subcontractors related to construction engineering and the customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate construction activities. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Develops and recommends the construction engineering organization for approval by the Site Manager (or appropriate level of Project Management) and prepares employee requisitions.
2. Coordinates with engineering on constructability and design issues. Establishes a Design/Field Engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer including agreement on engineering deliverables. Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting.
3. Directs the design of temporary construction facilities as required.
4. Coordinates and monitors the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite.
5. Directs preparation of cost estimates for construction activities and coordinates the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports. Reviews and provides input to project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
6. Develops and ensures the implementation of the project construction procedures from the Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs). Coordinates any deviations from SWPPs.
7. Coordinates with the superintendents and subcontractors to plan construction schedules.
8. Directs the preparation of requisitions for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment. Approves requisitions as delegated by the Field Construction Manager. Reviews material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct materials.
9. Coordinates subcontract activities to ensure materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
10. Plans and recommends procedures to be implemented by superintendents to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
11. Directs the maintenance of construction engineering records for job history. Supervises the receiving, distribution and filing of plans and specifications.
12. Works with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate construction activities.
13. Implements controls over variables affecting job progress to ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and to ensure that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
14. Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure completeness and that they are up to date.
15. Coordinates with the Site Manager on contract administration and activities affecting the contract administration operation.
16. Administers major subcontract changes and represents the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations.
17. Performs employee reviews for subordinate personnel and assists in their development. Ensures that subordinate personnel receive progressive training.
18. Assesses needs and develops Field Engineering Training Plan for the project.
19. Reviews and provides input to the project staffing plan for construction engineers and associated personnel.
20. Ensures the implementation of project environmental control plan(s) as required. JOB KNOWLEDGE:
Technical knowledge of all phases of construction engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling, and contract administration.
Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
Actual work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago or Iquique until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.