Bechtel Corporation Community Engagement Manager in London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 215974
Relocation Authorized: None
Project No.: 01060-033
Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
Delivery Partner role based at the Client officesLondon. The project comprises the management, coordination and delivery of a Development Consent Order (DCO) application for a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP).
Builds relationships through proactive and reactive engagement activity, and act as a trusted point of contact for communities affected by the project (including those directly affected by compulsory purchase). Works with the project team to develop proposals for community investment, compensation and mitigation. Manages, tracks and evaluates data on community engagement activity for inclusion in the Consultation Report.
A. Supervision Received
Receives supervision from the Engagement and Consultation Lead.
Receives functional guidance from the GBU Sustainable Development Manager.
May receive operational direction from the Project Manager. B. Supervision Exercised
Provides operational direction to project team, contractors and subcontractors. C. Contacts
Routine contact with the client on community engagement issues.
Routine contact with the Land Agent to co-ordinate engagement with communities and businesses affected by CPO.
Maintains relationships with wider project team and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate community engagement activity.
Maintains relationships with local authorities, residents and businesses. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans and delivers engagement activities for the project area for key identified groups in the Stakeholder Engagement Plan
2. Oversees the community engagement activities of the Consultation Consultant and the preparation of the Consultation Plan
3. Acts as first point of contact for the Client in handling complaints and enquiries on the project.
4. Leads on the resolution of key issues arising from local resident and business engagement being undertaken by the Consultation Consultant
5. Builds and maintains positive relationships and acts as a trust point of contact, understanding community issues and underlying concerns.
6. Works with the Client and the Engagement and Consultation Lead to develop a Community Investment Plan and programme of investment activities.
7. Supports the Engagement and Consultation Lead in complying with relevant legal requirements and government guidance on consultation and engagement
8. Identifies and escalate risks, opportunities, issues and concerns to the project promptly and effectively, and assist the Project Team in providing mitigation.
9. Supports onboarding training and ensures that project team and contractors are fully briefed on community issues and concerns.
10. Presents, and represents the project at public meetings.
11. Records and documents all engagement according to project procedures. JOB KNOWLEDGE:
Proven experience of delivering effective community relations in a high-profile and complex project (preferably construction or infrastructure)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex concepts in a compelling, concise and creative way
Experience of developing community investment projects
Experience of building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Experience of developing plans and implementing processes and procedures.
Experience of working with diverse communities.
A high level of personal integrity
Experience of managing contractors/ consultants.
Skilled in working collaboratively with others in a complex integrated environment Bechtel is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where our colleagues feel valued, challenged, motivated and treated fairly. It is expected that you will actively promote and embed this culture in your work. Health and safety is a core Bechtel value. We are relentless in keeping people safe from harm, and we provide a healthy work environment. It is expected that you will take personal responsibility for your own and others health, safety and wellbeing in your work.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.