Bechtel Corporation Project Information Manager (BIM) - Gatwick in London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 226479
Location: West Sussex
Opening date: 9th December 2019
Closing date: 8th January 2020
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is providing Construction Management services to Gatwick to support construction of an extension to the existing Pier 6 which sits at the heart of the airfield.
Assigned to the central project management organisation in a managerial capacity. Responsible for implementing the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) on the project in accordance with the client’s Employers Information Requirements (EIR) and associated standards, protocols and procedures. This includes managing the preparation and application of individual BEPs by appointed Lead Designers/Contractors. The role is accountable for information delivery for the project across the project lifecycle and coordinating project information deliverables, principally from the Lead Designer and Tier 2 Contractors.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidates should have experience of similar scope.
A Supervision Received
Receives direction from the Project Engineering Manager, or assigned Project Engineer.
Receives operational and functional direction from the Bechtel Infrastructure BIM Operations Lead.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides operational direction to other BIM team members on the project, including the BIM Lead(s), as assigned.
Maintains continuous contact with the Project Engineering Manager, Project Engineers, Construction Manager, Lead Consultant [Designer] BIM Manager.
Works closely with the Project Engineering Manager/Project Engineer to:
ensure the project BIM strategy and BEP is aligned and executed according to the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
assign the key roles on the project identified in the BEP
Works closely with the client’s BIM Manager to ensure that the established BEP delivers to the current client processes and procedures, or agrees amendments thereto, and ensures that alignment is maintained.
Work closely with the functional teams, to execute the BEP and deliver the required information in accordance with the BEP
Work closely with the IS&T manager on the deployment and implementation of BIM toolsets
Maintains relationships with software vendor/partner relationships
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for managing the creation of the project-specific BIM Execution Plan, and the management of the Project Information Model (PIM) in a coordinated and high-quality manner according to the BEP and the Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR)
2. Developing and maintaining the project information standards and protocols
3. Enable the project team to be self-sufficient in delivering the BEP by:
1. Coordinating with project team to help them deliver their BIM related requirements in the BEP
2. Ensuring BIM Competency Assessment Forms are completed by the key roles identified in the BEP
3. Providing project BIM training and support as required
4. Ensures adoption and integration of BIM processes (use cases) on the project
5. Supports the Functional Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in setting up the necessary application integration and data exchange requirements for the project
6. Ensures data created on project is compliant with the project information standards and protocols, and is compatible with the Common Data Environment (CDE)
7. Ensures the configuration control protocols are implemented and working
8. Ensures data security measures are in place and operational
9. Ensures data can be fully utilized by data customers as required
10. Is responsible for approving all BIM-related project plans and procedures (including from our partners and sub-contractors), and/or ensuring that any other lower-tier processes implemented are consistent with the overall BIM Execution Plan.
11. Working with the Project Functions, develops training plans for BIM tools and processes
12. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the details of all applicable internal and external review data drops within the project team.
13. Responsible for undertaking detailed review of Lead Designer/Contractor models to identify issues that could affect Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Hand-Over, supported by Project Engineers.
14. Responsible for extracting model information for use by the Project team.
15. Supporting the delivery of Client Asset Management requirements.
16. For project assignments where a BIM Lead(s) is not assigned the BIM IM shall also be:
1. Responsible for controlling access to the CDE and accepting exchanges within the CDE
2. Responsible for maintaining the overall PIM within the CDE including design models, drawings and other non-graphical data.
3. Responsible for coordination of any formal or informal design (model) reviews (at the Master level) with all key stakeholders (including KASE Gate Reviews).
4. Perform the specified QC checking and validation of information models and data sets delivered to the Published CDE by the individual Task Teams.
5. Responsible for coordinating with the Task Team Engineers and Coordinators across the project, as needed, to assure the IM standards are properly understood and adhered to.
6. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the project BIM Content Library, Standards, Methods & Protocols (SMP).
Significant experience working within the EPC functions with a strong understand on cross-functional EPC work processes and the applications used for project execution
Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Automation or Information Systems experience preferable
Strong understanding of (and preferably working experience of) implementing BIM in accordance with PAS1192 (Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
Project experience within Airports sector is preferred, and/or demonstrable experience within similar large infrastructure multi-discipline Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, and Building Services design/construction environment.
Strong ability to explain new work processes and technologies to employees from all levels of the organization
Ability to take on additional responsibilities, maximize efficiency, manage priorities
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills with leadership capabilities
Keep up-to-date on best practice BIM implementation methodologies
Working knowledge and experience of BIM information management software, in particular BIM 360, Revit and Navisworks. Desirable: Working knowledge and experience of the following software: Civil 3D, Revizto and Synchro.
Experience in a multi discipline environment
For project assignments where a BIM Lead(s) are not assigned the BIM IM shall also be:
Specialized technical knowledge of engineering design modelling tools and processes
Specialized technical knowledge of design model validation tools and processes
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and/or
Specialized courses in BIM/Information Management, and/or
Prior extensive work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.