Bechtel Corporation Construction Superintendent Equipment in Los Pelambres, Chile
Requisition ID: 218490
Typically assigned in a supervisory capacity, directing fleet equipment operations for a project or area, ensuring compliance with specifications, schedule and budget in accordance with corporate/business unit/ and/or project policies, procedures, and instructions.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational and technical direction from Site Equipment Manager/Regional Equipment Operations Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction and training to subordinate personnel as assigned.
- Maintains jobsite contacts with site management, superintendents, procurement, subcontractors, craft personnel, vendors, and equipment providers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, directs, and controls the maintenance of fleet equipment and maintenance of service documents.
2. Monitors fleet usage.
3. Manages preventive maintenance and repair program. Identifies, plans, directs, and assists with repairs of fleet equipment. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
4. Oversees equipment maintenance systems reporting and equipment records management.
5. Evaluates and prepares workforce requirements.
6. Prepares equipment operating cost budgets.
7. Reviews and approves Field Material Requisitions (FMR’s) for repair and maintenance requirements.
8. Monitors the activities of proposed subcontractors or vendors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
9. Provides training to ensure adherence and understanding of safe equipment usage requirements and practices.
Knowledge of the following equipment (or equivalents) preferred: Caterpillar Earthmoving Equipment, Demag, Liebherr, Manitowoc, Terex and Grove cranes, JLG , Gradall, IR forklifts, JLG and Grove Manlifts, along with Caterpillar, Cummins, and Perkins engines.
Has understanding of equipment warranties, performance guarantees, and equipment fitness for use.
Knowledge of multi-discipline construction and or operating functions.
Knowledge of safety requirements and practices.
Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
Knowledge of heavy-industrial equipment management work processes and procedures.
Proficient in Microsoft suite in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
Knowledge in the use of subcontracts and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
Excellent customer relations and communication skills.
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
Specialized courses in construction technology and management, AND/OR
Prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.Position for Los Pelambres Project in Field, Chile .Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.