Bechtel Corporation Surveyor 1 in Los Pelambres, Chile
Requisition ID: 215829
Roles and responsibilities
1. Directs activities of subordinate quality control engineers, and other inspection personnel, as assigned.
2. Responsible for construction quality control program activities, such as development and implementation of inspection plans, within an assigned area of responsibility.
3. Determines requirements for, and directs preparation of, technical and administrative documents and reports.
4. Within assigned area, monitors the performance and overall progress of construction inspections to ensure adherence to the field quality control program.
5. Maintains quality control records in support of activities in the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Implements procedures and policies established by others and develops procedures, as required, for the performance of assigned functions.
7. Monitors activities of assigned subcontractors to ensure construction, material and installation comply with project specifications and quality control criteria.
8. Ensures continuous, progressive training of assigned subordinate personnel.
9. Performs annual reviews of subordinate personnel and participates in development plans
Thorough knowledge of construction activities relating to civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, soils, welding, piping, instrumentation and documentation.
Technical knowledge of field engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
Knowledge of current Bechtel project and industry quality standards.
Demonstrated ability to develop detailed inspection plans based on contract; Bechtel, project and industry quality standards; and project approved design documents.
Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of environmental laws.
Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
Specialized courses in related engineering disciplines, AND/OR
Work experience in quality control aspects of construction inspection, testing and installation activities
Salary Grade Determination
On a large project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
On a small to medium-sized project, performs the duties of a lead engineer in an area, coordinating and directing a variety of disciplines, or performs the duties as the Project Field Quality Control Engineer, coordinating activities related to the operation of the assigned operating section of the jobsite.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Los Pelambres Project on site , Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.