Bechtel Corporation Site Transportation Superintendent in Monaca, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 214085
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
The Site Transportation Superintendent will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the offsite and onsite transportation programs, site traffic plans, jobsite route status communication, and oversize material delivery coordination. In this role, the Site transportation Superintendent will be responsible for:
1. Coordination with jobsite personnel on any required busing/shuttle changes required to support site activities
2. Daily reporting and Subcontract Management of the Offsite Busing Subcontractor
3. Coordination with Busing Subcontractor and site supervision to optimize bus utilization and efficiency
4. Implementation of Site Traffic Control Planning
5. Management of Jobsite Traffic patterns via coordination with supervision and subcontractors
6. Regular communication of changes to jobsite route conditions to site personnel.
7. Coordination with procurement and Project T&L on upcoming oversize deliveries, cargo offloads, and module movements.
8. Coordination with Indirect Superintendents to ensure road conditions are maintained, access is established, and suitable for transportation requirements.
9. Coordination with Rigging Superintendent to ensure load/offload locations are clearly established.
1. Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
2. Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
3. Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
4. Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
5. Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
6. Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
7. Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
8. Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
9. Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
10. Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
11. Experience working with, supervising USA Building Trades Unions.
1. Experience in offsite transportation management for large-scale construction projects.
2. Experience in site traffic management on a large-scale construction project.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.