Bechtel Corporation Senior Electrical Designer - Expression of Interest in Perth, Australia
Requisition ID: 217976
Expression of Interest - Dependent on the award of the contract.
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth.
Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. With continuous operations in Australia for over 60 years, we operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals; all of which have active projects in Australia today. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver and what we live.
Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project. Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for a global business unit.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a senior Supervising Designer, an Engineering Supervisor, or a Layout Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provide operational direction and techanical guidance to suborindate designer and drafter personnel as directed.
- Establishes and maintains communication with design and engineering supervisors in charge of related disciplines and with adminstrative personnel within the group or project. Consults with equipment suppliers, techanical specialists and client representatives as directed to provide and recieve technical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directly performs or administers work of designers and drafters of a design group for a business line technology. This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings.
2. Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation and construction economy.
3. Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
4. Coordinates or makes jobsite visits, as required, to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
5. Reviews or defines engineering scope changes, as required, for project management.
6. Endorses or prepares reports of work progress, as required, for project and discipline use.
7. Maintains up-to-date skills in Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) relevant to design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
8. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE:
1. 10 years minimum bulk materials handling experience.
2. Experience with major clients such as BHP, RIO TINTO & FMG preferable
3. Experience using MicroStation V8i, AutoCAD, Inventor, SmartPlant 3D, SPEL & Navisworks Manager preferable
4. Experience front end engineering / design layout preferable
5. Experience working in a multiple discipline / transglobal team preferable
Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
Knowledge of discipline Design Guides used in the discipline.
Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
Knowledge of BSAPs applicable to the specific discipline work.
The above is normally acquired through:
Specialized courses in drafting, design and engineering practices, and CAD, OR
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, AND
Extensive experience in design and drafting.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.