Bechtel Corporation Nuclear Engineer, NSCE (212347) in Reston, Virginia
Requisition ID: 212347
Position Title: Nuclear Engineer, NSCE (212347)
Location: Reston, VA
Relocation Authorized: None
Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check
Participate in the establishment of an NS&E Nuclear Safety Center of Excellence (NSCE) with nuclear safety technical expertise to support government and commercial nuclear projects, and promote new opportunities. Participates in identification and staffing of key resources/expertise, identification of key tools/software/ procedures, expanding our industry presence, developing and implementing a training/certification program and development/implementation of the strategic plan. Also evaluates new nuclear opportunities to identify technology readiness and challenges. Prepare reports to document technology assessment conclusions and observations. Assist in communication with customers, technology providers, and regulatory agencies. Represent Bechtel in technical conferences and industry committee meetings. Coordinate with various disciplines and functions. Attend and chair project meetings.
Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Performs assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for nuclear engineering.
Performs overall systems design and engineering tasks, within the nuclear engineering discipline, having some degree of complexity. Understands roles played by other disciplines on the project. Participates in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers. Monitors project controls within discipline. Assists in the on-the-job training of people assigned. Familiar with all Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs) and their application to projects. Knowledge of design standards and guides, and Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) applicable to the discipline.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Performs work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features.
2. Participates in one or more of the following:
3. Equipment design and development
4. System design, including concept sketches and layouts
5. Testing of materials
6. Preparation of specifications and design calculations
7. Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
8. Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
9. Preparation or review of material quantity estimates
10. Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
11. Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence.
12. Monitors project controls within discipline.
13. Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity, and prepares comments and recommendations.
14. Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
15. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
Knowledge of project controls within discipline.
Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the nuclear engineering discipline.
A Bachelor degree in Nuclear Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Must be able a US citizen.
Experience with DOE nuclear projects safety basis development, or commercial nuclear power plant licensing or analysis.
Knowledge in nuclear safety/engineering.
Basic skill in oral and written communication.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.