Bechtel Corporation Proposal Specialist - Graphics, Reston (215047) in Reston, Virginia
Requisition ID: 215047
Position Title: Proposal Specialist - Graphics, Reston (215047)
Location: Reston, VA
Relocation Authorized: None
Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project management and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear, Security and Environmental (NS&E) global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
Responsible for graphic design and development; writing, editing, and formatting; and coordinating the preparation, review, and finalization of qualification documents, proposals, presentations, and other documents as required by Proposal Managers, Capture/M&BD Managers, or senior management. As required, support Proposal Manager and/or Senior Proposal Specialist as coordinator of proposal/qualification documents from initial issue through to final production, including a variety of proposal support roles as assigned, from logistics to team coordination to printing, Must have ability to work to strict deadlines, effectively communicate with fellow employees, schedule/complete multiple tasks, and be flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced, results-oriented environment.
1. Produces and/or coordinates the production of a variety of graphics products using a combination of methods, techniques, and processes.
2. Works with subject matter experts and writers to develop graphics for proposals and other documents.
3. Oversees development of concepts and design templates appropriate to each document and compliant with customer requirements; obtains design approval from Proposal Manager.
4. Manages the flow and work control of graphics throughout the proposal process, ensuring that approved changes are incorporated and version control is maintained.
5. Develops and maintains a graphics tracking system and quality control process for proposal production.
6. Supports the maintenance of data, tools, and systems needed for preparation of qualification documents and proposals (i.e., project description databases, past performance/experience databases, previous functional write-up databases, resume databases, corporate/division/project statistics, commendation files, etc.). Assists with developing and maintaining generic proposal material and statistics.
7. As needed, acts as Proposal Coordinator in preparing qualification documents, marketing materials, and proposals including:
Distributing proposal support information to members of the team.
Arranging proposal logistics such as office space, computer support, supplies, travel, purchasing, and meetings.
Establishing priorities and monitoring tasks to ensure compliance and conformance with established standards/procedures and Bechtel/customer requirements.
Using organizational skills to prioritize job elements, maintain time schedules, ensure cost effectiveness, and ensure the availability of materials needed to complete tasks.
Running routine reports to assist proposal manager with budget and resource tracking.
Coordinating reproduction, quality checks, packaging, and shipment.
Preparing drafts of proposal material for review by Senior Proposal Specialist, Proposal Manager, Proposal Center Manager, Capture/M&BD Manager, or others as assigned..
Coordinating issuance of drafts for review by management, formal color review teams, and proposal team as appropriate. Supports dispositioning of review output into proposal or other documents.
Coordinating collection and completion of proposal information such as representations and certifications, organizational conflicts of interest, foreign ownership and control information, standard forms, acknowledgement of amendments, past performance/experience, etc.
Directing the production and packaging of proposal documents, as assigned.
Maintaining electronic files in accordance with established procedures
Assisting with preparation of follow-up material and clarifications of proposals to clients.
8. Performs special assignments related to proposal activities.
9. Supports Proposal Center Manager with monitoring the department overhead budget.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 3 years of related work experience.
Strong knowledge in graphics layout, design, and production.
Thorough knowledge of reproduction processes and multimedia presentation processes.
Strong communication skills.
Experience in and strong ability to develop and create compelling graphics..
General knowledge of company capabilities and experience.
Experience in developing qualification documents, proposals, and/or M&BD documents and presentations.
Good writing, editing, and formatting skills.
Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
Ability to work unpredictable schedules, including overtime, weekends, and holidays as required by solicitation.
Ability to travel to support proposal efforts as needed preferred.
Ability to work/collaborate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams of proposal and M&BD/management personnel.
Ability to quickly grasp and adhere to Bechtel Visual Identity, style guides, and proposal preparation processes.
Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, with emphasis on independent creation of draft material.
Marketing and/or business development experience; proposal experience preferred.
US citizenship preferred.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.