Bechtel Corporation 2019 Student Internship (U.S.) - Accounting & Finance ( KY) in RICHMOND, Kentucky
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Bechtel hires summer interns on a variety of teams including tax accounting, financial reporting/analysis, and financial processing. Finance and Accounting professionals at Bechtel are an important part of the team that supports major engineering and construction projects in more than 40 countries. They are responsible for ensuring the proper accounting and financial documentation for all aspects of major construction subcontracts relative to invoicing, unit rates, etc. Interns are also tasked with producing reports and analysis related to project costs. Accounting & Finance interns have a world of career opportunities at Bechtel.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
In much the same way as complex technical challenges are managed at Bechtel's projects, there are significant financial and accounting intricacies that have an impact on our success. There are the complexities associated with international tax, accounting, and reporting requirements, and there's a need to ensure the timeliness and security of global cash flows, foreign currency, investments, and deposits. Other financial and accounting professionals at Bechtel focus on international financial relationship management, including appropriate documentation and control of all financial transactions. No matter what area of finance and accounting it is, all are critical to Bechtel's success as a world leader in engineering, construction, and project management. Major functional groups within finance include:
• Financial Accounting
• Management Information and Planning
• Provide research, financial analyses, and administrative support within a variety of financial disciplines while receiving training and development
• Participate in the preparation of financial statements including consolidation, analysis, and reporting of the financial performance of the Bechtel entities
• Gather, analyze, and manage data from a variety of information systems and resources
• Interface with other functions within the greater Finance group and project-based organizations to carry out strategies for the management of financial risk and ensure the adequacy of financial resources to support day-to-day and long-term objectives
• Assist in the preparation of forecasts and briefing materials for executive management
• Research and advise Bechtel global business units on state, federal, and foreign income and indirect taxes
• Help manage cash and investments and a global network of banking resources
General Job Duties
• Extract, analyze and compile financial data
• Work as part of a team in developing reports
• Hands-on extraction of information from various financial reporting systems
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration, Business Management, Commerce, Economics, from an accredited college or university
• Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
• Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Previous co-op or internship experience in Accounting or Finance
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong GPA