Bechtel Corporation Contract Administrator in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 212796
Relocation Authorized: International - Single
Project No.: 25872
Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
Administers large moderately complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various (sub)contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to (Sub)Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned (sub)contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, (sub)contract performance, (sub)contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of (sub)contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
Administers complex (sub)contracts. Extensive knowledge and experience in (sub)contract administration required. Represents Bechtel in (sub)contract negotiations.
Administers moderately complex contracts. Broad knowledge and experience in (sub)contract administration required. May participate in contract negotiations.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.