Bechtel Corporation BPS Coordinator in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 215005
Provides consultation and expert advice and participates in planning, developing and implementing solutions to meet global business unit or project Procurement Systems automation requirements. Provides technical and administrative support, as well as implements, operates and assists global business unit office and project users in running the Procurement Systems application suite and associated systems. Participates in all areas of software and hardware specification, installation and administration, including, but not limited to, operating system configuration, database creation, network share creation, web server installation and client software rollout and implementation. Proactively monitors the operation of computer hardware and software. Analyzes and resolves operational problems, taking corrective action as necessary. Provides advice to users on correct software usage and conducts training classes as requested.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives operational supervision and direction from the Procurement Systems Supervisor.
Receives functional direction from the Procurement Systems Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Assigns and coordinates work, monitors and reports progress, and provides functional guidance and training to designated personnel.
Maintains active contact with the applications user community.
Coordinates support and technical issues with the Procurement Systems Supervisor and where necessary with the Corporate Procurement Systems group.
Maintains contact with non-Bechtel 3rd party software / application vendors or sponsors as dictated by project requirements. Coordinates usage of said applications where interfacing with Procurement Systems applications.
Maintains contact with members in other global business units or projects, using similar applications and processes in order to facilitate knowledge exchange and sharing of best-practices and lessons learned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Participates with designated project implementation teams and personnel to determine and develop project automation requirements and objectives.This includes providing advice, guidance and recommendations.
2. Assists in the specification of appropriate computer hardware and associated configurations.
3. Participates in the formulation of new work proposals, including the provision of detailed written scenarios, software demonstrations and oral presentations.
4. Develops proposals for the installation of standard applications including cost estimates and schedules. Presents the proposal if required and performs demonstrations of the software to augment the proposal.
5. Installs Procurement Systems software components, performs upgrades and provides ongoing technical support.
6. Supports global business unit and project personnel in the use of Procurement Systems applications, including any requirements involving set up and training.
7. Organizes and performs classroom training as well as user desk instruction, including the maintenance and distribution of user training materials and documentation related to Procurement Systems applications.
8. Initiates requests for resolution of both hardware and software problems encountered during implementation and operations of Procurement Systems applications.
9. Participates in global business unit or project review bodies tasked with the establishment of standards and procedures for computer software development, maintenance and support.
10. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to hardware, software or network related error.
11. Communicates technical and detailed support requests to the Procurement Systems Corporate Procurement Systems group including analysis of process steps taken.
12. Supports global business unit and project specialized reporting requirements.
Knowledge of and experience with Procurement and Material Management procedures.
Experience with Microsoft Windows based, networked, computing environments, including operating system configurations, network share creation and client rollout and implementation.
Experience with web-based computing environments including creation and maintenance of basic web services.
Experience with software installation procedures and networked infrastructure concepts.
Experience in analyzing project application requirements and implementation based on analysis.
Experience in developing and presenting cost estimates and proposals for the support of Procurement Systems software and hardware, including software demonstrations.
Advanced knowledge of standard office productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, and including simple table, query, report and macro design.
Knowledge of and experience with other standard applications used by Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
Knowledge of standard Project Controls and Finance functions.
Experience with relational database design.
Experience with Structured Query Language.
Experience with and knowledge of data processing operations.
Experience with typical and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
Skilled in oral communication and experience in giving practical and technical presentations to medium and large audiences.
Skilled in written communication with experience in drafting formal proposals and technical specifications regarding the effective implementation of Procurement Systems applications.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for L os Pelambres Project in Santiago, Chile .
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.