Bechtel Corporation Cost Engineer in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 215084
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities, as directed. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists in preparing cost data for proposals and contract negotiations.
2. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
3. Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty, and works with Engineering and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
4. Develops quantity takeoffs for a discipline or specialty using defined documents or undefined scope assumptions. Verifies quantities provided by others.
5. Develops and applies unit rates (cost and jobhours) to quantity takeoffs and to otherwise developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
6. Prepares specific budgets in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
7. Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
8. Independently provides financial reporting and trending, with oversight, for the Project Cost Engineer.
9. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
10. Investigates the requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for a specific discipline/other specialty application.
11. Collects and classifies cost engineering data.
12. Performs data analysis and development.
Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and computer operations, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
Knowledge in capital cost and services estimating.
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Santiago, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.