Bechtel Corporation Cost Technician in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 215207
Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities, as directed. Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities, as directed. Provides support to the Project Risk Specialist or Project Risk Manager in the execution of Project Execution Risk Management (PERM) functional activities.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May provide direction to letter-graded Project Controls personnel.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers in the home office and at jobsites. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: The following duties are General/Common across disciplines within the Project Controls function:
1. Develops cost/schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations, as directed.
2. Assists in preparing designated classroom training.
3. Collects or receives drawings and other scope definition documentation that applies to a discipline or other specialty. Identifies areas of incomplete design definition and develops scope assumptions for approval.
4. Performs routine quantity takeoffs or quantity estimates using parameters for all commodities within a discipline or other specialty from engineering and construction drawings. Develops quantities for undefined scope assumptions, or verifies quantities provided by others.
5. Assists in developing specific codes of accounts, as directed.
6. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
7. Performs routine data analysis and development, as directed.
The following duties are performed with respect to Cost Engineering and Estimating :
1. Assembles and compiles estimate data and prepares specific budget categories in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
2. Develops and applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantity factored estimates within a discipline or specialty, as directed by others.
3. Performs assigned tasks related to establishing and/or implementing cost standards for recording, reporting, and analyzing performance data.
4. Assists in investigating requirements for estimating and/or cost control data.
5. Collects and classifies cost engineering data, as directed.
6. Gathers and prepares actual job hour, work force, revenue, and cost data for Project Financial Status Reports.The following duties are performed with respect to Scheduling:
1. Identifies scope associated with schedule activities, as directed.
2. Identifies work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Assists in identification of schedule milestones.
3. Compiles durations for activities within a discipline or specialty.
4. Determines work sequences for a specific discipline or specialty. Identifies inter-discipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequence. Works with the performing organizations and units to determine information requirements in support of milestone events and project needs.
5. Develops quantity/workforce requirements for design installation, or work force requirements for a discipline or specialty, as directed. Performs quantity and work force resource loading, as directed.
6. Assists a discipline or specialty in developing individual work plans and overall requirements. Gathers required information from other disciplines or groups and formulates schedule commitments.
7. Identifies critical activities within a discipline or specialty relative to interfacing with other disciplines or supporting overall project schedules.
8. Performs assigned tasks related to establishing and/or implementing standards and techniques for updating and monitoring schedule data needed for effective schedule control.
9. Reports schedule deviations for an assigned discipline or specialty and recommends corrective action/work around solutions for project considerations.
10. Collects study information and verifies accuracy of data. Works with discipline of specialty groups to develop cost related study support data.
11. Gathers and verifies data on schedule, work force, and quantities to update and status discipline or specialty progress and performance reports. Identifies activities that have a critical or potential impact on schedule.The following duties are performed with respect to PERM :
1. Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of detailed project risk register through ongoing reviews to ensure data quality, accuracy, and timeliness including facilitation support during the risk workshops, risk identification sessions and other risk related activities.
2. Operates, manages, and oversees use of Active Risk Manager (ARM) or equivalent risk register software tool.
3. Assists the Project Risk Specialist or Project Risk Manager in the preparation of risk analysis recommendations, reports, metrics, and presentations.
4. Works with Risk Owners to update and satisfy project record keeping and data archival requirements in support of PERM activities. JOB KNOWLEDGE Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, report writing, and computer operations. Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.Skilled in oral and written communication.Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.Demonstrates a beginning level of understanding of Project Controls general technical skills.Demonstrates a beginning level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.Intermediate capabilities using PERM tools and methods including use of Active Risk Manager (ARM) software.Strong understanding of PERM interfaces with project functional areas.Intermediate capabilities with methods of risk statement drafting, preparation of treatment plans, and preparing risk reports and metrics.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Los Pelambres Project in Santiago, Chile .
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.