Bechtel Corporation Mechanical Engineer in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 217478
Responsible for assigned activities within an engineering discipline in a global business unit. Applies broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering in the preparation of engineering analyses. Makes decisions concerning problems within the discipline on the project. Represents the discipline on the project and with the client as directed to resolve technical questions.
A. Supervision Received
Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a Project Engineer, senior Engineering Supervisor, or Chief Engineer.
Objectives are defined and results are subject to supervisory review.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical guidance to subordinate engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters as assigned.
- Maintains contacts, as directed, with client representatives, suppliers, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of a global business unit.
2. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
4. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators).
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Develops Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
7. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
8. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
9. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
10. Mentors engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
11. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
Knowledge and understanding of technical and cost issues related to selection of design features within the discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Good knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, design or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
Previous experience on Copper Concentrator Plant is required, total years of experince a minium of 10 years on project engineering companies is required.
Previous experience on vendor prints review and approval
Acceptance of a Fix Period Contract (Contrato a plazo fijo) and previous Bechtel experience is desired
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Los Pelambres Project in Santiago, Chile .
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.