Bechtel Corporation Scheduling Engineer in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 214942
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is seeking a Scheduling Engineer to join the Santiago Team. This role performs and assists in schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities, as directed. Provides support to studies, proposals and projects. Supervises planning/scheduling activities, when delegated.
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from the GBU Chief Planner.
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers, in both the home office and at jobsites.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Takes lead in preparing schedule data for proposals or contracts.
2. Takes lead in developing specific project work breakdown structures and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
3. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
4. Identifies scope of schedule activities. Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support project schedule.
5. Establishes work sequence and activity durations for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines interdiscipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences. Works with performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with total project plan. Develops and applies installation rates to quantity takeoffs and developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
6. Develops quantity release or installation curves for a specific discipline or specialty. Reviews quantity logs to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Assists in developing required jobhour expenditure for a specific discipline or specialty. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity and manpower resource loading for assigned schedules.
7. Continuously assists discipline or specialty engineers in developing their individual work plans and knowledge of overall discipline requirements.
8. Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and how to interface with the assigned discipline or specialty. Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with others.
9. Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in the development of requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
10. Prepares and develops schedule study information, as assigned. Evaluates quantities, job hours/staffing, and schedule logic for a specific discipline or specialty.
11. Prepares schedule, staffing, and quantity progress and performance reports for assigned disciplines or specialties
Proficiency in Primavera P6, MS Excel and MS Word
Skilled in oral and written communication
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related experience.
Minimum 4 years with typical experience ranging from 6 to 10 years.
English proficiency of intermediate (Read, Write, Speak)
Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, report writing, and computer operations. Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical reports.
Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Demonstrates an intermediate level understanding of Project Controls general technical skills.
Demonstrates an intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.