Bechtel Corporation Project Services Lead in Santiago, United States
Requisition ID: 213379
Assists the Project Management Team as directed to plan, manage, and/or coordinate key project services for the Water Delivery Systems (WDS) team in Santiago. Coordination with the appropriate functional groups to provide financial, project controls, estimating, and procurement services for WDS scope and projects being performed in Santiago. Prepares monthly reports on progress, issues and performance for the WBL projects. Coordinates project organizational and administrative activities such as office space and IT and project service needs with appropriate organizations. Supports the WBL operations manager in identifying and analyzing solutions to project challenges and issues and planning/scheduling problems. Provides and/or coordinates generally non-routine cost engineering/planning and scheduling needs to projects. Also assists the WDS team with proposals and presentations for potential clients and prospects.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Coordinates and aids project controls, estimating, financial, contractual and procurement services for scope and projects being performed by the WDS team in Santiago. Interdisciplinary coordination to ensure alignment between Engineering, Procurement and Construction. Review discipline operations to ensure that project needs are being met in accordance with project execution plans. Identifies cost trends and schedule impacts for management attention.
1. Reviews planning and scheduling/cost engineering requirements relative to staffing and project control. Assists in preparation of detailed staffing plans for project activities. Identifies schedule restraints and effect on total project schedule. Ensures total integration of schedule activities between functions.
1. Ensures implementation of measurement systems for established processes, analyzes performance metric results, and identifies improvements. Ability to use statistical tools to analyze metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and ability to analyze measurement systems.
1. Assists in coordinating and establishing requirements for the overall cost estimate according to the scope definition and related data. Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
1. Develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Reviews and/or assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to material control impacting schedule and cost.
1. Aids Procurement work to the extent delegated in the work assignment, including estimate/budget preparation, and budget/cost control.
1. Assists in the preparation and reviews of distributable and/or contractors’ indirect cost estimates.
1. Defines project needs for cost control in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Supervises the timely and competent performance of cost control activities.
Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel. Experienced in project planning and operations, including both office and jobsite locations.
Experience in monitoring and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, and cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, financial reporting systems, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
Demonstrates a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to cost and technical planning and scheduling skills for engineering design, procurement and construction practices.
Skilled in working, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing, with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Project Management and other services.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.