Bechtel Corporation Control Systems - Senior Designer (Vadodara) in Vadodara, India
Requisition ID: 212759
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Prepares 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) plant layouts and study drawings from which detailed design 3-D CAD models and/or construction drawings are completed.
2. Prepares portions of 3-D CAD design model under the supervision of experienced designers.
3. Reviews and checks the modeled in line instruments, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
4. Hands on experience in PDS and Microstation, SP3D. Knowledge in SPI is essenital
5. Knowledge on Instrument Location Plan, Installation/Hook up Details.
6. Prepares bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline.
7. Works with designers in other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
8. Compiles, maintains and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
9. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.JOB KNOWLEDGE
Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
General knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
Skill in leading the technical work of less experienced designers and/or drafters who share in the design effort.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.