Bechtel Corporation CSA - Senior Engineer (Vadodara) in Vadodara, India
Requisition ID: 215002
Civil/Structural Engineer with B.E (in Civil) and 10+ years of experience in Engineering Design office of repute. Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering shall be an added qualification. Should have exposure to Indian, US, BS and other foreign codes/standards. Proficiency in use of 3D Structural Analysis software like STAAD Pro, ANSYS, GTStrudl etc. is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
2. Performs work using Standard Application Programs and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
3. Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for different Civil/Structural commodities.
4. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
5. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
6. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
7. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
8. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
9. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Thorough knowledge of Civil discipline engineering techniques and possessing capability to originate engineering and design calculations.
Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the Civil/Structural engineering discipline.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Please Note: If you have shared your candidature with us in the last 6 months, please do not apply again
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.