Bechtel Corporation Contract Administrator (Quantity Surveyor) in West Sussex, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 214982
Relocation Authorized: National - Single
Project No.: 26158
Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleague's team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Administers medium moderately complex contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidates should have experience of similar scope.
1. Supervision Received
Reports directly to the Lead Contracts Admin.
Receives technical and functional guidance from the contract Administration Manager.
1. Supervision Exercised
- May provide operational supervision to Contract Specialist(s) and/or other Contract Administrators.
- Maintains internal contacts with managers and supervisors and participates in negotiations with customers.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
All the mandatory training required by Bechtel and GAL as detailed in the Pier 6 Training Matrix.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.