Bechtel Corporation Sr. Formation Engineer (Quantity Surveyor) in West Sussex, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 214980
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleague's team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Performs formation and administration of all types of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors. Develops bid packages in conjunction with members of the Project team and the client’s Procurement Manger utilising master contracts forms. Leads the commercial evaluation of tenders through to subsequent award recommendation. Assists and conducts meetings as needed to perform the work.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidate should have experience of similar scope.
1. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational direction from Formation Lead.
1. Supervision Exercised
- May be required to provide supervision to assigned Contracts Formation Specialists.
Maintains working relationships with contracts personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
Maintains working relationships with bidders involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
Maintains relationships with bidders and contractor personnel in order to resolve specific project problems, to be aware of current market conditions, and to inform bidders and contractors, when necessary, of the overall project requirements.
Maintains contacts with client personnel as authorized and/or directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Undertakes formation and administration of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Prepares bidder lists, ensuring supporting input is received from all contracts functions and other functional groups.
3. Prepares bid request packages, addenda and other bid cycle correspondence to ensure proper format, content and project requirements are met.
4. Evaluates bids commercially and prepares bid tabulations, bidder recommendation and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. Ensures all commitments made are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in company and client policies and procedures.
5. Prepares and organises assigned Contracts sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and pre-award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bechtel, the client and contractor on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
6. Supports negotiations and prepares proposed negotiating plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of contracts when such action is agreed as necessary by the designated supervisor.
7. Ensures that project contracting of goods and services is consistent with established directives, management instructions and contract procedures.
8. Assists project Contracts team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
Broad experience in the formation, negotiation and award of all types of contracts.
Experience in developing complex contract types, fee arrangements, terms and conditions.
Experience in contract administration.
Working knowledge of change management procedures pertaining to Requests for Information (RFIs), change notices, change orders, amendments, and claims and dispute resolution.
Skill in working and communicating effectively with all levels of project functional groups.
All the mandatory training required by Bechtel and GAL as detailed in the Pier 6 Training Matrix.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.